Bonus Post! Since I missed Monday due to a bout of illness, here is a little extra for your pleasure.
One of my favorite things to do to save time for dinner is throw it all in the slow cooker. Most of the time I still have to cook up something just a bit before putting it in there but no harm in that. Spice is always a pick me up too so I always add more heat on my own plate. That’s what I get from my Aunt. Hot enough to make your nose run! Clear those sinuses!
Slow Cooked Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
1 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced fire roasted tomatoes
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Cajun seasoning to taste
1 pkg. (8 oz.) jambalaya rice mix
1. In a pan over med-high heat sausage enough to get some drippings in the pan.
2. Scoop out sausage and add to slow cooker.
3. Use drippings to lightly brown chicken in, seasoning to taste with Cajun mix.
4. Scoop out chicken and add to slow cooker.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker except the jambalaya rice mix.
6. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
7. Add jambalaya rice mix during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
8. Serve it up hot!
Here’s an extra picture just for all around goodness.